

The pictures have nothing to do with today. I just like the pictures. Had a very (at least they said they liked the food) nice dinner for new friends, Bill, Lisa, and 5 year old tornado/hurricane Thomas. I did my normal Thai peanut and coconut milk stir fry with shrimp and made up a dozen lumpia to go with the Rice and Shrimp. I thought it was good, and a fair amount of it disappeared so it was deemed a success. I learned how to make "Dump Cake" . Boy is that my kind of cookin'! I wanted to have something that kind of stayed with the island/exotic theme so I used a couple of cans of tropical fruit chunks dumped in the dish, a white cake mix dumped on top about 6 or 8 pats of butter cut and layed on top and some pecans to just add color. I think next time I will use macadamia nuts. Anyway, it was very very good. It required about 45 minutes of baking at 350 but it was great. Time to hit the rack for tomorrow brings a day of diving and having fun in the water. Hope the rain decides to abate for a while and let us have some sunshine for photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment